Sunday, October 29, 2006

Remember Dr. Jane K. Fernandes is still human - Dr. Jane K. Fernandes' Statement

Greetings Central Flordians

Despite the good news from the Board of Trustees' meeting announcing the termination of Dr. Jane K. Fernandes' as the President-Designate and President, please bear in mind that this person is human so please provide Dr. Fernandes with respect and dignity.

Let her depart Gallaudet with grace and allowing ourselves as well as Dr. Fernandes with the opportunity to heal and move forward as an University.

When one falls, the other one helps by picking the one who fell and helping that one go on with the journey wherever the journey may be.

Signature: Gallaudet University - Public Relations/Visitors Center

Statement by Jane K. Fernandes

"It is with deep regret that I heard the Board's decision to terminate my contract. I love Gallaudet University and I believe I could have made a significant contribution to its future. I hope that the Gallaudet community can heal the wounds that have been created. I trust that we all want a stronger, better, more inclusive Gallaudet where ASL and Deaf culture have been and always will be at the core of academic and community life."

Unity for Gallaudet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home